Teacher:Tomas A. Ramirez
United South Middle School - Room: 63
Tel. (956) 473-7763 Ext. 7763
Conference Time: 8:59 am – 9:54 am
This course has three primary objectives:
Provide students with the information and strategies for the STAR Exam;
Help students develop the skills and strategies for the STAR Exam.
2 Composition Books (100 Sheets)
Pencil or Pen
Grades will be given at the end of the six weeks according to school policy. Progress reports will be issued during the third week of the six weeks. Students will be graded different ways: daily grades and tests. Percentages are as follow:
Daily Grades (Class work): 50%
It is the student’s responsibility to ask for, to complete and to turn in work for excused absences. All students are required to participate with choral reading, writing assignments, reading assignments, and group projects.
Enter the classroom: Quietly, get your notebooks, walk to your assigned seat, and start on notebook and classwork.
Restroom: Permission may be obtained during student work time to go to the restroom (not during instruction or the first/last 15 minutes of class).
- Do not ask while the teacher is lecturing. Once the teacher has completed the lecture then you may go.
Dress Code: Must follow school policy.
Technology: Must follow school policy.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PHONES. Phones will be taken away and returned after class. If a phone has to be taken away again I will turn the phone into administration.
Follow Instructions: Listen to directions, read assignments, and ask questions.
Teacher dismisses students: You will be dismissed by the teacher, not the bell. Wait silently to be dismissed.
1. Ipads will only be used when directed by the teacher. Students that do not abide will face consequences and may lose computer privileges. Parent notifications will be made.
2. Food or Drinks are NOT allowed in the classroom.
3.Phones are prohibited
4. Students are not allowed to change any computer settings (Student computers are always monitored by teacher).
Be Respectful: Use appropriate language. Be respectful and wait for your turn.
Be Orderly: Follow directions. Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
Be Accountable: Be ready to learn. Always have required materials.
Be Responsible: Be on time. Complete all assignments.
Positive Behavior Supports:
1- Verbal and written praise
2- Positive call, note, e-mail to parent or legal guardian
3- Participation in school wide events (extracurricular activities, pep rallies, dances)
1- Reteach Expectations & Procedures
2- Teacher/ Student Conference
3- Parent/Guardian Conference
4- Withdrawal of Privileges
5- Discipline Referral to Administration
6- Severe Clause: Refer immediately to administration